Ten on Tuesday. Buckle up.
1. Tonight when I was eating dinner, I think I inhaled a piece of rice. Not into my lungs, like up into my nose somewhere. I'm pretty sure it's still there. Can your body absorb a piece of rice through your nose? I'm hoping yes because I haven't had to confess to a doctor that I have something up my nose since I was seven and I really don't want to start now.
2. There was a time in my life *cough*last year*cough* when I felt bad for moms who told me they homeschooled. I couldn't wrap my brain around how they could wear that many hats and get everything done and not go a little crazy. God thought that was funny, so he made me a homeschool mom.
3. I'm pretty sure that any blog posts that come down the pike from me in the near future might be homeschoolish in nature. So, apologies in advance and no hard feelings if you unsubscribe.
4. Rowan is 7 now (I know, time flies) and he's been heavily hinting for months that all he wants in the world is a dirt bike or a guinea pig. He follows this up quickly with, "And since I know dirt bikes are way too expensive and probably not safe, I will be very happy with my guinea pig." I'm not sure if that was some sort of jedi voodoo he pulled on me or what, but here we are 36 hours till Christmas and I have a guinea pig living in my closet. Rowan is going to have a hard time wrestling it away from his dad, though.
Why is he in a bathtub, you ask? Why WOULDN'T he be in the bathtub is my response.
5. Speaking of my husband-- he's decided to become a beekeeper. I thought maybe this was a passing fancy, so I picked up bee library books to show my support... next thing I know there was a bee hive being delivered to my house and all kinds of beekeeping paraphernalia. I'm still trying to catch him in his bee suit so I can take a picture, but he's wily and thus far has eluded me.
6. I was looking through pictures on my phone trying to decide what to include in this post, and found this inexplicable picture of Sarah Palin with random bearded dude. I've puzzled and puzzled until my puzzler was sore, and I still have no clue where it came from. That makes it funny...and weird... seriously, those are some sassy pants and shoulders. Where did this come from?!
7. Remember these cute stars I bought in 2010?
This is the first time EVER we have gotten them hung as I originally envisioned for Christmas. My husband did it all on his own and he did good.
8. I recently read this book to the boys as part of our homeschool curriculum. It was a booger to read (hard dialogue, lots of voices), but it lights up my day when I hear them discussing Pooh Bear and my youngest two are in an unspoken bouncing competition. They each want to be crowned Tigger because the wonderful thing about tiggers is he's the only one.
9. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!
10. I'm too tired to think of a tenth thing for this post. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!