1. We always go to J's parents' house for Thanksgiving, so today I am cooking our own turkey dinner, because I want my own fridge full of leftovers so that I can eat turkey until I go into a coma.
2. I am using my mother's tried-and-true turkey-cooking method that involves putting the bird in the night before and cooking it at 170 degrees for about 12-18 hours. And that's it. Because the oven temp is so low, it is impossible to overcook the bird. Fool proof, which is just how I like my recipes.
3. I'm also making Pioneer Woman's sweet potatoes (already done and waiting to be reheated in the fridge), PW's mashed potatoes (which may single-handedly raise my cholesterol), creamed brussel sprouts (turns them into little green gumballs. I could eat the whole pan myself) and chocolate cream pie for desert.
4. I also made plans to have a friend over to make lotion bars today.
5. I'm thinking this may not have been the best scheduling of my homemaking career, but we're just going to hope for the best. And we may have to skip the pie. That's probably not a bad thing.
6. My 4-year-old is going through a 'wolf boy' phase. He is rarely in human mode, and when I went to get him from Sunday School yesterday at church his teacher told me that "Wolf Man" was very good in class although his claws hindered him a little bit during the activities.
7. I haven't read a book in over three weeks. This has to be some kind of record for me.
8. Greyson informed me yesterday that one of his children will someday be named "Alexander Missile-Torch" I asked him why, to which he replied 'Eh, good name. It's just a really good name." Silly me.
9. My husband has wrapped up the long season of work at our plant nursery, just in time for the snow to fly. Yesterday was his first official day home with us and it was amazing... at least for me. He's already talking about applying for seasonal work at Starbucks.
10. I watched two documentaries this week that got me all riled up and made every conspiracy theorist hair on my head stand up. Burzynski and Waiting for Superman. If you haven't seen them, you should.
That is all.
Or is it?
11. After much hmmm'ing and haaaaa'ing, we broke down and bought ourselves a new espresso machine for the house (when it was on super sale last week). It's arriving in the mail today and Jarrod and I have been listening for the rumble of the UPS truck as if it were Santa's sleigh. Take that Stinkybucks. Take that.