I saw a post on In-Courage last week, and it got me to thinking. The post was about taking five minutes on Friday to just write. No proof-reading, no rough drafts, no editing your words to smithereens. Just write what's on your heart using a word prompt they provide. Then they have a linkup party. I can't join another Friday linkup party, but that doesn't mean I can't take five minutes to write.
I get so caught up sometimes in perfection (because every one of my posts is obviously perfect, right?) that I freeze and don't write anything at all.
And it's lame.
Our lives are going by every day and I'm forgetting little things and not talking about what I'm really struggling with.
So, for my own benefit: Five minutes, starting now.
I'm starting the Diet Solution Plan again this week. Technically I was supposed to start yesterday with my friend Selina, but I was kind of hoping she forgot so I ate three cookies instead.
Turns out she didn't forget. She sent me an email last night asking how my first day on the diet went and I had to say, "Yeah, about that.... starting tomorrow!"
So here we go again.
I lost five pounds in a month doing this last summer, but then I stopped doing it and have gained all five pounds back over the last year.
This is not another blog about weight-loss and dieting, because we all have our own struggles, but I'm hoping to do better with it this time.
My goals for this week are:
- Drink my daily water. I thought I was good at this, but then I started keeping track. Turns out I suck at drinking water and I'm chronically dehydrated.
- Eat breakfast right away in the morning and follow the eating guidelines of Diet Solution (DSP) which are basically, low dairy and low wheat (sprouted grains only) with no sugar for the first six weeks.
- Make some progress in the book I'm reading for an online Bible Study, "Lies Women Believe," because I've been totally flaking out on that one.
- Address one particular issue I've been having with the two-year-old and consistently follow through on it. Namely, ear-piercing and blood-curdling shrieks over any and every irritation, especially while we're in the car. He's giving me an eye twitch.
- Also, I'm taking the honey challenge on Crunchy Betty, where you wash your face with honey for two weeks. I'm technically late to the party, which is already over, but I am completely intrigued with this idea because I've already been using honey on the occasional blemish with success. Blemish is a weird word. It's almost pleasant to the ear, like blossom, which is much nicer to say than "huge unsightly zit"
Bleck. I hate going off sugar. I think I'm highly addicted to it. And caffeine. I love me some caffeine and sugar. I shudder to think of the excess calories I drink each day.
Also, I'm going to continue taking Stretch and Tone at the gym, (which I referred to as yoga in a previous post and got a comment chastisement for) along with some Zumba classes. Hopefully there are no Latin gods mistakenly being worshipped during Zumba class, because it's great for the abs and makes me laugh.
And that is the end of my five minutes... okay, it was more like 10, but this was my first try.
P.S. I only logged in to re-edit this once. Now I'm really done.