Hola! Or as my son has been saying it lately, Hoe-lah! The 'h' is not silent in his version. Also not to be confused with Holla, which is completely different.
It is Friday, it is raining, and I am 'fessing up. Let's get this party started.
- My friend, who is semi famous, had a beautiful baby boy this week. I enjoyed watching the progression of her birth via Facebook, but I was careful not to comment on her status updates. Like I said, she is semi famous.... I did not want 99 notifications every time someone else commented after me. And besides.... I am part of this semi-famous friend's entourage, and I can text her directly. Neiner neiner neiner.
- This is going to horrify you Type A people. See this little tag on my shoe? The plastic ring thingie that used to hold the price tag? It's been there for... almost two years. I just noticed it for the first time the other day. Know what's worse? Even if I had seen it sooner, I wouldn't have done anything about it.
- I've been noticing a weird trend on Pinterest lately ~ lobsters. There are lobsters EVERYWHERE. Lobster cards, lobster pinatas, lobster appetizers, lobster shirts. Several things about this bother me. Such as the fact that lobster decorations really only seem appropriate for people who have parties in Maine. Or the fact that there is no national holiday in which lobster really plays a big role. Or the fact that people are trying to force me into believing lobsters can be cute, when in actuality... lobsters are scary. So are owls. But that didn't stop the owl extravaganza that's been going on for the past year did it?
- My boys finished up school this week (HOLLA!.... not to be confused with hoe-lah) I wanted to do something for their teachers as a thank-you for being so amazing this year, so I whipped up these cute little bags of magnets with a Starbucks card and a personalized name thingie they can put somewhere in their class. When I gave it to Grey's teacher, she thanked me profusely, and instead of just saying "You're welcome!" I blurted out "The name thing was actually your Christmas present, but I just got it finished. Sorry."
- I'm learning to speak 'robin.' I'm actually pretty good at it. For instance, when I hear a high-pitched rapidfire chirping coming from the backyard, I know my three-year-old is once again trying to climb in the tree where the Robin family built their nest.... right on the second branch from the ground. Right at three-year-old eye level. I come running whenever I hear the bird in a tiff, because she is LOUD, and I chase him away, but really, it's not my fault she didn't read the travel reviews of our yard. If she had, she would have known that two and three-year-olds live here and nests on lower branches are kind of a bad idea.
- My friend's cellphone auto-corrects my husband's name every time she tries to type it. Instead of Jarrod Mack, his name turns into Karma Naked. I find this very entertaining. My poor husband... he really got gypped in the nickname department. If it's not Jerry Berry Pumpkin Fairy, it's Karma Naked.
- I drove past a school today and heard a loud blaring alarm going off. I actually slammed on the brakes because for a moment I was concerned that they had some sort of alarm system that sounded when someone drove too fast through a school zone. Then I realized the school was running a fire drill, and no one in fact cared how fast I was driving.
- Look what I found in my pantry. Tell me this is not normal onion behavior. Are they selling live onions at the store?!
- Sometimes when I'm driving, I like to plan out my answers in case we ever play "Two Truths and a Lie" at MOPS again (it's been two years since the last time). Here's what I have so far.... bet you can't tell me which one is the lie.
- I've been pulled over for reckless driving
- I've had three tickets
- My first car accident was when I backed into a parked boat
Don't forget that I am hosting my first giveaway this week and I hope that all of you enter to win a one-year subscription to Plan to Eat! I wrote about it here, but if you want to skip to the chase and just enter the drawing, you can do that over on the top right side of my blog. Happy Friday!