1. There's an elf loose in my house.
This elf likes to wear his little brother's jammies. He has a very fancy hat fashioned from a greasy tortilla chip bag. He's a pretty friendly elf, but if you don't feed him regularly or give him what he wants, he may whine and cry and say things like, "Oh, you make me sad. You make me sad forever. God in my heart is sad too. You broke him. Now we never go to the Kroc Center again."
2. I made cheddar crackers for the first time this week. They were supposed to be like Cheezits, but were more like fluffy little cheese flavored cookies. The boys still liked them, but next time I will roll them thinner and cook them longer.
3. I'm hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law in a week and made the invitations using digi supplies and Photoshop. Easiest invites ever since I printed them and they didn't require me to handwrite in the details. I added a little bow to each one to give it some dimension and popped them in the mail. I'm fully converted to the merits of digi/hybrid scrapping.
4. My computer has been hijacked to look up Lego Heroes. I've successfully avoided my children wanting to touch my computer for years, so I guess it's overdue, but still... does it freak anyone else out to see an 8 year old running a Macbook?
5. It sure would be nice if Rowan would take a nap on the livingroom floor, so sweet and peacefully, when he doesn't have a fever and throwup bowl nearby.
6. The other day I told Greyson to go comb his hair. When he came out, he said, "Mom, I call this 'do the Shade Porch. This in front is the Porch, see all the shade?"
7. That was the same day I decided all the boys needed haircuts. The clincher was when Haydn came out with a combover.
8. My sweet little baby has turned into the Tazmanian Devil.
Do not be fooled by that face. That's how he lures you in. He makes you think he's too sweet to possibly throw your makeup in the toilet, or press the "cancel" button in the middle of EVERY load of wash, or break your new iPod dock.
Lately when people ask me how old he is, I've just been rounding up to two, because it seems more appropriate.
9. It's still weird to me that my picky picky son not only likes tuna sandwiches, but he can make them for himself. This particular sandwich was pretty special with a little flag that said "Pita Pit." I wish I had time to make mini banners for my food too.
10. We had some friends over last week and Jarrod enjoyed an impromptu jam session. Can you say "jam session" if you're over 25? It makes me a little uncomfortable but I don't know what else to call it. "Old man guitar duet"? Nope, that's worse.
11. My toddler takes great delight in waiting until I am super engrossed in my book or computer, and then he pulls the lever on my chair and makes the footrest fly out. Gets me every time.
12. That same toddler has quadrupled in size this year.
13. I still have a Christmas wreath on my front door. It doesn't even have any red on it, so I can't blame Valentine's Day.
14. I just ordered a new book from Amazon and it's going to help me fulfill one of my top goals for 2011, "Learn to Sew." I blame Melissa from A Time For Everything, because she's crazy talented and is always sewing something adorable. I want to make every project she posts, and she suggested this book.
After I bought the book, of course I had to go browse the fabric store. And as luck would have it, all decorator fabric was 50% off. The lady who cut it asked me what I was making, and I sort of fumbled for words before I said, "I have no idea... but isn't it pretty?"
14. I was chasing Baby B around the house and had just scooped him up when I caught my foot on the carpet and felt myself falling... hard. I had a split second to turn so I wouldn't squash the toddler, and I thought to myself "This must have been how the giant felt when Jack cut that beanstalk."
15. Jarrod is back to work full time, and it's been a long couple weeks of adjustment. When he got home yesterday, I had pretty much shut down. The kids were running around in circles screaming, the oven was pouring smoke, and Brecken had just shut off my washing machine AGAIN. He took one look at my face and said, "You should probably go have a timeout." Smart man.